Chinese irish Potato Salad Recipe
Looking for a spicy alternative to the classic potato salad? Chinese irish Potato Salad Recipe is a quick and easy recipe to make. Chinese seasonings and bok choy make this fusion recipe a flavorful alternative to standard potato salad.This salad is one of my favourites as the taste of the bacon, potatoes, bok choy, red pepper, green onion and chopped cilantro topped with the dressing gives this Chinese Potato Salad an exceptional flavour one I’m sure you will really enjoy.
Chinese Potato Salad Ingredients
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds) , cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, according to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
2 ribs celery, strung and chopped on the diagonal
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 stalk bok choy, green leaf shredded, white stalk chopped on the diagonal
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, light and dark soy sauce, Asian sesame oil, sugar, chile paste and garlic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the potatoes.
2. In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, salt and enough water to cover to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender (about 20 minutes). Drain.
3. Whisk the dressing again and then add it to the potatoes in a large bowl. Toss to mix thoroughly. Let the potatoes cool, then mix in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir the salad again before serving.
Enjoy your freshly made Chinese Potato Salad! This Serves 6 to 8.